QMUL offers students and staff a range of books, journals, databases and media in electronic formats. These can be found through the library home page using the search box and the E-journals & Databases list and can be accessed on or off campus on a variety of devices.
No Known Issues
We have just purchased the Oxford Scholarly Editions Online edition of “The Diary of Samuel Pepys” (1660, 1661, 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665, 1666, 1667, 1668-1669, Companion and Index) and the “Literary Correspondences of the Tonsons”.
Tips and tricks on using the resources can be found here.
South Asia Archive.
The South Asia Archive is an extensive resource for students and scholars across the humanities and social sciences. The historical documents within the Archive are truly interdisciplinary, reflecting the varied range of knowledge production in colonial and early post-colonial India and the wider sub-continent. Until 26/05/2017.
We now have access to a number of titles and dictionaries through the Medhand Mobile Libraries App. The titles are “Anatomy at a Glance”, “Medicine at a Glance”, “Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry” and “Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine” the app also allows access to “Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary”, ”Oxford Dictionary of Nursing” and “Oxford Dictionary of Dentistry”
- Go to iTunes or Google Play, search for “medhand”.
- Download the MedHand Mobile Libraries App.
- Open up the App and tap “refresh”
- Say “yes” to any pop-up question (on Android you also have to say “yes” to the end user agreement)
- Log in with the user name and password shown here (Do NOT register - the trial super user has already been registered in our system)
- On Apple devices the titles will load automatically on Android, they have to tap the green “download” button next to each title to download the titles to their device.
The MedHand App offers in-built medical, dentistry and nursing dictionaries. You can download one, two or all three of these by simply opening up one title within the App, then tapping the search button (magnifying glass), selecting Dictionary, and following instructions.
Available until 30/06/2017.