13 July 2018
Weekend Closure period at QMUL Libraries
As the academic year draws to a close, weekend opening at our libraries will end on Sunday 15 July, resuming on Saturday 1 September.
In the intervening 6 weeks, at weekends and after hours during weekdays our libraries will be undergoing maintenance and other essential works ready for the next academic session. These works include:
- A thorough and much needed, deep clean of carpets, flooring, surfaces, light fixtures etc. at all 3 libraries
- Paintwork in the Learning Lounge at Mile End Library
- New push-button door leading from the Learning Café to the toilets (ME)
- Re-painting of front door, entrance, stairwell and disabled basement toilet at West Smithfield
- Replacement of uplighters on Main Staircase(ME)
- New emergency exit signage to be installed (ME)
- Stock moves at Whitechapel and WS
- New shelving in the Learning Lounge
If you wish to carry on studying at weekends our other study spaces (Graduate Centre 7th floor, The Hive and Canalside at the Mile End campus) will remain open as usual. For further information on opening times, visit http://www.library.qmul.ac.uk/using-the-library/opening-hours/
We hope that students have found the additional weekend opening at Mile End Library beneficial and we are keen for any feedback to assist with planning for next year.
If you would like to comment on any aspect of library services please contact us via email QM Libraries or click on the relevant media at the top of this article.
For media information, contact: