In addition to the QMUL Library collections, you may be able to access other libraries to find further resources relevant to your subject. Information about the British Library, Senate House Library and the Copac library catalogue is listed here and further information about accessing other university libraries is here.
There are also the following specialist libraries relevant to Biological Sciences:
- Linnean Society of London: The society has its own library in central London. Researchers can access the library on request.
- Natural History Museum Library and Archives: This extensive collection is international in its coverage and is one of the foremost resources providing world coverage of the biological and earth sciences for researchers in molecular biology, biodiversity, systematics, taxonomy and the history of science.
- Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew: Extensive collection which claims nearly 2,000 years of plant knowledge and discovery. Open to researchs, preferably on request.
- Science Museum Library and Archives: The Science Museum Library has an international reputation in the history and the public understanding of science and technology.
- Wellcome Library: The Wellcome holds collections of books, manuscripts, pictures and films on the history of medicine, from the earliest times to the present day.
- Zoological Society of London Library: The ZSL Library contains a wide range of books and journals on all types of animals and their conservation. It is one of the major zoological libraries in the world and is open to all.