The page provides a useful list of websites to different aspects of the Pharmacology. Please note the list is not extensive.
General pharmacology links
- BindingDB: Gives access to a wealth of information about measured binding affinities.
- DrugBank: Large database of medicines and medicine targets. It is possible to download the database for educational use after a free registration.
- Drugs.com: Publically available information about various medicines. Does also contain a section on British medicines.
- Good practice in prescribing and managing medicines and devices: Part of the "Ethical guidance for doctors" focusing on drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- IUPHAR/BPS Guide to Pharmacology: Focuses on ligand-activity-target relationships, and aims ot provide a one-stop-shop resource for pharmacology.
- Medicines A-Z: Publically available directory of common medicines from the NHS.
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA): Contains full-text access to much regulatory and policy information, including related news from the British government and its agencies.
- Medicines Information – SPC & PILS: A collection of patient information leaflet (PIL), which are based on the Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs) arranged by active substances.
- PharmGKB: The Pharmacogenomics Knowledgebase centres around how various human genetic variations responds to drugs.
Information about patents please go to the Chemistry Patent Page.
Museums, organisations of interest
- London Museums of Health & Medicine: Comprehensive guide to many health related museums in London.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society Museum: Funded in 1842, the Museum focuses on the history of pharmaceuticals.
- Wellcome Trust: Charitable trust which grew out of pharmaceutical success, and strives for "the advancement of medical and scientific research to improve mankind's wellbeing". They have many ongoing exhibitions and a very well stocked library.
- British Association for Psychopharmacology (BAP)
- British Pharmacological Society (BPS)
- Pharmaceutical Society NI (PSNI)
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society