A range of high-quality resources for Electronic Engineering and Computer Science are available on the web. Start exploring them below.
For subject specific resources go to these guides:
General journal directories
- Journals TOC: Service which provides access to table of contents of many journals.
- TechExpo DIRECTORY OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENTIFIC TRADE TECHNICAL MAGAZINES: A (if some what dated) listing of a range of trade publications, many of them freely available online.
General Electronic Engineering and Computer Science websites
- arXiv.org : A full text open-access archive of articles (both pre- and post-publication) covering physics, mathematics, and computer science (including the Computing Research Repository).
- Cogprints: An electronic archive for self-archiving material, also including many computer sciences disciplines.
- TechXtra: Helps you find articles, key websites, books, the latest industry news, job announcements, ejournals, eprints, technical reports, the latest research, thesis & dissertations.
- Wolfram Demonstration Project: Open-code project which aims to visually explain concepts within science, technology, mathematics, art, finance, and a range of other fields.
Professional organisations (United Kingdom)
- British Computer Society (BCS): provides information about the activities of the Society, careers information and qualifications.
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET): Professional multidisciplinary organisation also covering the IT area.
- UKRI IEEE Section: United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland Section of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Women’s Engineering Society: Professional society which aim to promote gender diversity within Science and Engineering started in 1919.
Professional organisations (International)
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence: US nonprofit society.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): US based professional society.
- IEEE Computer Society: US based membership organisation for computing professionals.
- Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers: Professional society for the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT in India.
- International Association of Engineers: The association is based in Hong Kong, but has engineering and computer scientist members from all over the world.
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU): United Nations agency for information and communication technology issues.