Digital Music, Multimedia
A range of high-quality resources for Electronic Engineering and Computer Science are available on the web. For subject specific resources look at these guides:
Digital music, multimedia
- Analogik: Dedicated to electronic music created by industry professionals.
- Freesound: Collaborative site with sounds released under creative commons license.
- Live Music Exchange: Dedicated to live music from an academic point of view.
- PSN Europe: A magazine for professionals within the audio industry.
- Remix Theory: Eduardo Navas brings together everything about remix music.
- Multimedia Training Videos: Free academic resource with training videos for many multimedia tools, such as Flash CS-2, Dreamweaver CS 3, and Photoshop.
- Critical Commons: A public media archive which promotes the “transformative reuse of media”.
- EUportal: Portal which offers free access to audiovisual material from around the EU.
- Freepd: Copyright-free, no-attribuation music of many different genres.
Websites for digital study of music
- GUIDO Music Notation Format: The GUIDO Music Notation Format is a formal language for score level music representation
- KernScores: A database provided by Stanford University with a load of musical data provided in kern-format.
- The Million Song Dataset: Freely available collection of audio features and metadata for a million music tracks.
- MuseData: A database provided by Stanford University which contains musical data for many classical composers such as Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart.
- RWC Music Database: Copyright cleared music for researchers accessed through a personal license (database is free however you will need to pay for shipping costs).
- INScore: An environment which lets you create augmented music scores
- MA Toolbox: Software which enables more Matlab functionality
- MidiToolbox: Compilations of tools to analyse and visualising Midi-files
- MuseScore: Software which allows you to create, play and print sheet music
- Sonic Visualiser: Software developed in a partnership which includes QMUL. It allows the user to view and analyse music tracks.