A range of high-quality resources for Medical Engineering are freely available on the web. Start exploring them here:
- The Biomaterial Network: Offers "news, data, and every other initiative related to biomaterials science and associated fields".
- EBME Biomedical: Medical, biomedical and clinical engineering portal website. Educational articles, discussion forum, recruitment section.
- Georgia Tech - Parker H. Petit Institute for Bioengineering & Bioscience: A Research Center for technology development, includes center specific information and a newsletter.
- FDA Medical devices: US Food and Drug Administration's section on medical devices, gives access to US regulations and other useful guides.
- Morphogenesis and Regenerative Medicine Institute: Integrative biology effort at the University of Virginia targeting the basic principles underlying how cells form, organize, maintain, regenerate, and repair the proper three dimensional structures of tissues and organs.
- NIST Nanotechnology Portal: Information about current developments and projects within nanotechnology from the US National Institute of Science and Technology.
- Neurobot: Neuroscience and bioengineering blog.
- Public Database on Loading of Implants: Provides data on the mechanical loads acting in orthopaedic implants during various activities, displayed in videos and available as data files.
Organisations of interest
- Clinical Engineering Society of Ontario: The Clinical Engineering Society of Ontario, CESO, represents the professional interests of Clinical Engineers and Biomedical Engineering Technologists and Technicians in the Province of Ontario.
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine: Dedicated to bringing together physical science, engineering and clinical professionals in academia, healthcare services and industry.
- Royal Academy of Engineering: The RAE brings together the country's most eminent engineers in order to enhance engineering capabilities and to promote all areas of engineering as a profession