We hold a wide variety of statistical publications in the Arts and Social Science Reference section on the second floor of the Mile End Library and also in the Arts and Social Science periodicals section. However, a growing number of statistics are available more easily online.
- Census UK: Provides census data for academic use.
- House of Commons Library research papers: Access to research briefings produced by the Libraries of the House of Commons and House of Lords and the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST).
- London Councils: Statistics and information about London boroughs.
- London Datastore: Initiative by the Greater London Authority (GLA) to make data publicly available.
- NatCen Social Research: Independent social research centre which publishes the British Social Attitudes Report.
- Neighbourhood statistics: For local areas (UK) on a wide range of subjects, including population, crime, health and housing.
- New Policy Institute: UK think tank which produces evidence-based research on a range of issues, including poverty, social security, housing and economics.
- Office for National Statistics: UK national statistics, including economic, social and demographic statistics.
- UK Data Service: Major UK government-sponsored surveys, UK census data, cross-national surveys, longitudinal studies, international macrodata, business microdata and qualitative data.
- Business Source Complete: Contains country reports that present statistical information.
- Eurostat: Statistical office that provides the European Union with statistics at European level that enable comparisons between countries and regions.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD): Includes statistical data.
- Statista: Provides statistical data from a wide range of international sources on populations, industries, economics, media, public opinion, companies, politics, lifestyles and many other topics.
- World Bank: Includes statistical data and research reports.