A range of high-quality resources for Mathematical Sciences are available on the web. Start exploring them below.
If interested in actuarial science, refer to the subject specific page.
General journal directories
- Journals TOC: Service which provides access to table of contents of many journals.
- TechExpo DIRECTORY OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENTIFIC TRADE TECHNICAL MAGAZINES: A (if some what dated) listing of a range of trade publications, many of them freely available online.
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians: Created by Agnes Scott College, highlighting the achievements of women within mathematics.
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive: Gives access to biographies of many famous historical figures of Mathematics and much more.
- 100-level Mathematics Revision Exercises: Exercises from the University of Canterbury.
- Interactive Mathematics: "Learn while you play with it".
- Numberphile: A comprehensive collection of videos explaining complex mathematical concepts.
- Practice problems: Exercises from the Mathematical Institute at Oxford University aimed at new students.
- The Encyclopedia of Mathematics: Open access reference work.
- The Joy of Stats: Uplifting celebration on the use of statistics from the Swedish statistician Hans Rosling produced by the BBC.
- Office for National Statistics: UK's largest collector of statistical information and its recognised national institute.
- Offstats: A rich guide to websites containing statistical information from around the world curated by the University of Auckland Library.
For more statistics website visit the Business and Finance Subject Guide on Statistical Sources
- The Electronic library of Mathematics (ELibM): Provides information on applied and theoretical mathematics and the majority of its journals are openly available. In addition, it gives access to monographs, lecture notes, software, and other electronic resources.
- European Mathematical Information Service: Useful list of mathematical resources and is one of the largest open access electronic libraries. Brought by FIZ Karlsruhe.
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institution (MSRI): Useful tool to find relevant Mathematical information and gives access to a wide range of literature regarding Mathematical research and academia.
- Mathematics WWW Virtual Library: An extensive directory of maths resources from all over the web from Florida State University.
- NIST Digital Library of Mathematical Functions: Freely available online handbook
- Project Euclid: Provides a comprehensive list of mathematical resources and has useful information on Mathematical resources, databases, journals to further your understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Wolfram MathWorld: An extensive collection of freely available mathematics resources.
Professional organisations (UK)
- Association of Consulting Actuaries
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)
- The British Society for the History of Mathematics
- Edinburgh Mathematical Society
- European Accounting Association (EEA)
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
- London Mathematical Society
- The National Association of Mathematics Advisers
- Royal Astronomical Society
- Royal Statistical Society