A range of high-quality resources for Mathematical Sciences are available on the web. Start exploring them below.
If interested in actuarial science, refer to the subject specific page.
General journal directories
- Journals TOC: Service which provides access to table of contents of many journals.
- TechExpo DIRECTORY OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENTIFIC TRADE TECHNICAL MAGAZINES: A (if some what dated) listing of a range of trade publications, many of them freely available online.
General Math websites
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians: Resource from Agnes Scott College which highlight the achievements of women within mathematics.
- The Electronic library of Mathematics (ELibM): The site provides information on applied and theoretical mathematics and the majority of its journals are openly available. In addition, it gives access to monographs, lecture notes, software and other electronic resources.
- The Encyclopedia of Mathematics: Open access reference work.
- European Mathematical Information Service: The website provides a useful list of mathematical resources and is one of the largest open access electronic libraries. Brought by FIZ Karlsruhe.
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive: A resource from University of St Andrews, which contains biographies of many famous historical figures of Mathematics and much more.
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institution (MSRI): The site is a useful tool in finding relevant Mathematical information and gives access to a wide range of literature regarding Mathematical research and academia.
- Mathematics WWW Virtual Library: An extensive directory of maths resources from all over the web from Florida State University.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Mathematics: Freely available resources from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- NIST Digital Library of Mathematical Functions: Freely available online handbook.
- Project Euclid: the site provides a comprehensive list of mathematical resources and has useful information on Mathematical resources, databases, journals to further your understanding of mathematic concepts.
- Scholarly Societies Project: The site provides a list of useful links to mathematical societies, as well as resources to statistical and actuarial science.
- Wolfram MathWorld: An extensive collection of freely available mathematics resources
- The Joy of Stats: Uplifting celebration on the use of statistics from the Swedish statistician Hans Rosling produced by the BBC.
- Office for National Statistics: UK's largest collector of statistical information and its recognised national institute.
- Offstats: A rich guide to websites containing statistical information from around the world curated by the University of Auckland Library.
For more statistics website visit the Business and Finance Subject Guide on Statistical Sources
Professional organisations (UK)
- Association of Consulting Actuaries
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)
- The British Society for the History of Mathematics
- Edinburgh Mathematical Society
- European Accounting Association (EEA)
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
- London Mathematical Society
- Royal Astronomical Society
- Royal Statistical Society