Literature search skills drop-in sessions
Please note: we are currently unable to run face to face literature search skills sessions. We have a number of online resources available to support your literature searching:
- Tips and techniques for effective searching provides lots of information on searching effectively for information, as well as some guided search examples.
- Databases for Medicine and Dentistry has guides and demos of all the main databases
- Our EndNote page includes video demos on using both the desktop and online versions of the software
If you would like one-to-one support please email library-SMD@qmul.ac.uk
The medical libraries run drop-in Literature Search Skills sessions at Whitechapel Library on Wednesday afternoons between 2pm and 4pm.
These sessions are open to anyone wishing to improve their information skills including all Queen Mary staff and students in the healthcare professions.
The content of these sessions will be dictated by your needs but could include:
- guidance on searching Medline using PubMed
- tackling critical appraisal
- negotiating Evidence Search
- simplifying referencing using EndNote
There is no need to sign up for these sessions, just turn up at the library between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesdays. The sessions take place in training room 2 in the basement.
If Wednesday afternoons are not convenient for you it is of course still possible to request a one-to-one training session at either of the medical libraries.
For further details or to arrange a one-to-one session please e-mail: library-SMD@qmul.ac.uk .