Databases are excellent sources of good quality information. Below are a range of databases relevant to Psychology.
- PILOTS: Database indexing literature on PTSD and other forms of traumatic stress with an international scope. Contains citations and abstracts.
- PsycArticles: A database of full-text articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association, the APA Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe Publishing Group
- PsycBooks: Full text of 1,662 scholarly books and 25,667 chapters and 762 books published by APA, including 100 out-of-print books from 1950–2002
- PsycCritiques: Contains full-text reviews of books, popular films, videos, and software relevant to psychology
- PsycExtra: A grey literature database, PsycEXTRA is a companion to the scholarly PsycINFO database. Most of the content was written for professionals and disseminated outside of peer-reviewed journals
- PsycInfo: Covers the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines, including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, pharmacology, physiology and linguistics
- PubMed: Database indexing biomedical literature from MEDLINE and supplementary life science journals. Contains citations and abstracts. Also links to full-text content where available from open-access sources or via the "library- check full text" button.
- PubPsych: Freely accessible bibliographic information database which sources it records from a range of international databases with an European focus.
- Scopus: Multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via the "library- check full text" button.
- Web of Science: Multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via the "library- check full text" button.
Other useful databases:
- Box of Broadcasts (BOB): innovative shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK higher and further education institutions. Choose and record any broadcast programme from 60+ TV and radio channels, schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips, create playlists, embed clips into QMplus, share what you are watching with others and search a growing archive of material. Discover more about BoB National features by viewing their video tutorials.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): Online directory containing open access material in many subjects. To find relevant articles/journals search for your subject.
- JSTOR: Multi-disciplinary database which provides access to citations, abstracts and outlines for journals, books and primary sources connected to Psychology. In many cases it also offers full-text access if it is within our subscription. Searching for topics rather than browsing may give you more full-text items.
- Kanopy: A videostreaming service giving access to over 20,000 films from leading producers.
- Oxford Reference: an online resource that brings together two million digitized entries from OUP's Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias. Good for checking a fact or finding key information on a person, concept or term.
- Statistical sources: Section within the Business And Management guide which deals with statistics.
The databases listed above are only a small part of the database collections at QMUL and Senate House Libraries. You can find the full list of databases available at QMUL via the Library's A-Z List of Electronic Journals and Databases. If the topic you are studying crosses a number of different subject areas, you may find it useful to check the other Library Subject Guide pages for useful resources, contacts and information.