Temporary membership can be granted in case of research reasons only. Apply for temporary membership here.
- A demonstration of your need to consult material held in the library;
- The resources you intend to use (please search our library catalogue);
- The period of your planned visit.
The maximum length of the membership is three months, renewable, and access during term time is limited to off-peak hours (from 18:00 to 00:00 during the week, from 08:00 to 00:00 at weekends).
Please note that access to our libraries is restricted to visitors demonstrating genuine research needs, i.e. a need to access specific resources held in our libraries' printed collections. Reasons such as a need for study space or proximity to our campuses cannot be accepted.
- University of London students are welcome to visit our libraries once per academic year using a One Day Pass. For more information please visit our Once only per year admission procedure for visitor page. A list of colleges and institutions part of the University of London network can be found here.
- PGR students and Academic Staff may be eligible for SCONUL access. Please visit our dedicated page.
- UG and PGT students from institutions not part of the University of London network or the General public may be eligible for temporary membership. For more information please visit our Other visitors' web page.