Mile End Library
- Access to the Library building for anyone unable to use the revolving door is via a set of automatic doors, activated by a touch card system. Users should make sure their card is activated to open this door when registering with the Disability and Dyslexia Service.
- Glass gates through the Library security gates will be opened by Welcome Desk staff.
- There is lift access to the upper floors. Note that this can not be used when there is a fire alarm, so a personal tour of the library is recommended to point out fire escapes with protected stairwells, where wheelchair users should go in the event of a fire alarm until help comes.
- There are accessible toilets available on all floors of the library.
- Access for assistants - if you have a friend or helper who you would like to accompany you into the Library, this is always possible. We can provide your companion with a Library pass.
- Chairlift in south-west courtyard. Please use the available buzzer and a member of staff will come to assist you. For further information please call 020 7882 2561
- Disabled lift between ground and basement levels within library
- Chairlift to library entrance
- External passenger lift available to access disabled toilets on 1st and 2nd floors.
- Disabled toilets are also available in the Robin Brook Centre on 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors
- For further information please call 020 7882 8188