Library users are responsible for all items issued to their library account and due care must be taken when they have items on loan.
Please contact us as soon as possible if:
- You cannot find an item you have borrowed from the Library
- You have returned an item but it still appears on your library account
- You have an item on loan which you believe you have never borrowed
- An item you borrowed has been damaged while on loan to you
We will investigate the matter for you and if the item borrowed is confirmed lost or damaged beyond repair we will send you an invoice and add the replacement cost on your library account. The standard replacement charge is £50.00 (£40.00 plus £10.00 admin fee).
If you wish, you can provide us with a new copy yourself rather than pay for a replacement as you may be able to buy a copy for less. However, you must adhere to these conditions:
- The replacement copy must be the same or a newer edition of the lost/damaged item
- The replacement copy must be in new or excellent condition
- The £10.00 administrative fee is payable for each item replaced
The library reserves the right to refuse to accept an item if it does not fit the conditions above and to invoice you for a replacement.
If replacement costs are paid or replacement copies are supplied, overdue fines will not be charged.
Fines exceeding £10.00 will automatically block your account from further borrowing and renewals, so please ensure any invoice is promptly paid.
Once the invoice is paid you must contact us so that your library account can be cleared.
Please note the replacement charge is not refundable if the lost item is later found.
If you are experiencing any difficulties please contact us and we will do our best to help you resolve matters.