Placing holds on Ordinary or One Week Loan items
If all copies of an item you need are on loan to other readers, you can place a hold and we will notify you by email when it becomes available. To do this:
- Search the library catalogue for the item that you want.
- Click the “Place Hold” button on the left of the screen.
- Enter the barcode number from your ID/Library card and your library PIN.
- The screen will confirm that your hold has been placed. If you get an error message, please try again, or ask a member of library staff for help.
Once your hold is placed, please wait for an email informing you that your hold is available or check yourself using the self-service check loans and holds function. You can collect your hold from the Welcome Desk of your selected library within 48 hours of receiving this email.
Please note that if you are away from University:
- Responsibility for items on loan to you includes those times when you are at home, away on placements, vacations, work experience, etc.;
- You must always be able to return items that are required by other users;
- Fines will continue to be charged if books are not renewed on or before the due date.